Our skin reacts to all that cold, dry, and hot air, resulting in dehydration and sensitivity. When humidity drops, sweat evaporates faster, and it gets harder for our skin to retain moisture. Add winter winds to the mix, and you can end up with chapped, flaked, and dry skin.
That’s why it’s important to moisturize your skin the best way you can — with Om Organics’ natural plant-based oil blends, creams, and butters that nourish and protect your skin against winter’s wrath.
When the temperature starts to change, so should your skincare routine. Swapping your skincare products for the seasons is essential in keeping your skin healthy. No matter what winter weather you're facing, there are steps you can take to keep your skin hydrated and glowing throughout the winter months.
Choose ingredients your winter skin craves
Winter is a time to bring on your skin’s strongest defenses. That means shifting the basics to protect and heal the skin. Now is the time to swap your thinner, summer moisturizer for a thick and rich emollient filled with nutrients.
Winter skin care products: What helps dry skin in winter?
To best protect your skin from winter’s damaging effects, look for skincare products that contain natural and plant-based ingredients with specific moisturizing properties, such as:
- Marula oil: Absorbs quickly and keeps skin well-nourished and moisturized.
- Argan oil: Regulates the amount of natural sebum in the skin.
- Hyaluronic acid: Soothes dermatitis and increases moisture by bringing it to the surface, resulting in plumped-up, glowing skin.
- Coconut oil and coconut water: Contains fatty acids and linoleic acid that protects and hydrates skin.
- White Willow Bark extract: Soothes skin and contains salicylic acid, a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent.
- Blue Tansy oil: Calms irritated skin, clears pores and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tripeptide-29: Consists of amino acids that relieve the appearance of dry skin.
- Meadowfoam Seed oil: Locks in moisture and penetrates deep under the skin’s surface.
Combat the cold by following this skincare routine:
Now that you have all the right ingredients, save face by following these tips:
- Before applying face creams, lotions, or oils, dampen your skin with a vitamin and mineral-rich hydrating mist to help your moisturizer absorb correctly.
- Use an oil-free elixir to minimize redness and inflammation, soften the skin, and enhance the absorption of heavier products, like face oils and creams.
- Apply a lightweight moisturizing cream with hyaluronic acid to relieve, plump, and give your skin a dewy glow all day long.
- Seal in hydration and infuse your skin with protective and nourishing antioxidants with an age-defying face oil.
- Use a cleansing oil to remove daily pollutants, nourish your face and reduce redness.
- Exfoliate dead skin cells and provide a moisture barrier to keep your skin glowing all winter long by using a nourishing hydrating face mask at least once a week.
Protect those overlooked areas of your skin
- While it’s essential to keep your face happy and healthy through the coldest months of the year, remember to protect the other areas of your skin that can dry out in winter, including lips, hands, feet, elbows, and knees.
- Prevent chapped lips with an unscented creamy lip butter that is infused with organic ingredients. Use as a base for your lip gloss or lipstick.
- Repair cracks and restore moisture to your most-used body part with a lightly-scented hydrating hand cream, that is rich in protein.
- Rejuvenate your skin by applying a non-greasy body oil to those itchy and dry spots, or place a few drops in your bath for an overall moisturizing effect.
- Rub in a naturally scented and nourishing whipped body butter after a hot bath and don’t forget those moisture-deprived feet, knees, and elbows.
PROTECT YOUR SKIN DURING THE COLDEST MONTHS OF THE YEAR WITH OM ORGANICS’ NATURAL, ORGANIC, AND PLANT-BASED FACE AND BODY SKINCARE PRODUCTS. NOURISH, REHYDRATE, AND BRING YOUR SKIN BACK TO LIFE. SHOP ONLINE OR AT OUR APOTHECARY IN INVERMERE, BC.